- 125g butter, chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 125g milk choc bits
- 125g dark choc bits
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base of 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, cream butter, vanilla and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth (do not overbeat). Beat in egg.
- Sift flours and cocoa together. Add flour mixture and choc bits to butter mixture, stir well to combine.
- Place tablespoons of mixture onto prepared trays, leaving about 6cm between each. Bake, in batches, for 12-15 minutes or until just firm on the surface. Stand cookies on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.