- 200g (1 1/3 cups) plain flour
- 100g (2/3 cup) cornflour
- 225g unsalted butter, chopped, softened
- 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar, sifted, plus extra, to dust
- 3 lemons, zested
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 passionfruit, pulp removed
- 200g (1 1/4 cups) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbs liquid glucose
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Preheat oven to 170C. Sift flours with 1/4 tsp salt into a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add zest and vanilla, then gradually beat in combined flours until mixture just comes together.
- Roll 2 teaspoonsful of dough into balls, placing them on 2 oven trays lined with baking paper. Using a floured flat bottom of a glass, flatten balls to 3.5cm rounds, then, using the back of a floured fork, mark biscuits with tines. Bake for 12 minutes, swapping trays halfway, or until biscuits are light golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Makes 40.
- Meanwhile, to make filling, press pulp through a fine sieve, reserving seeds. Place 2 tbs juice, 3 tsp reserved seeds and remaining ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on high speed until fluffy. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread filling on 20 biscuits, then sandwich with remaining biscuits. Dust with extra icing sugar to serve.