1 c Basmati Rice
1- 1/2 c Water
1 c soya beans
1/2″ Cinnamon stick
1- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Coconut
1 bunch Coriander leaves
4 cloves Garlic
1/2″ piece Ginger (made into a paste)
2 tablespoons Butter
1 Onion cut lengthwise
1. Wash the rice and drain the water.
2. Pour the butter into a vessel and heat.
3. Add cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
4. Add onions and chilies and fry until onions turn golden brown.Add ginger + garlic paste and fry until you get a nice smell.
5. Now pour 1 and 1/2 cup water,add coconut, salt and let boil
6. Add rice + coriander leaves + soya beans.
7. Reduce to low heat and let the rice cook.
8. Serve Hot with nice cool raitha