Onion pakoda ingredients:1. Besan flour (Gram flour) – 2 cups
2. Onion – 1 cup (finely sliced)
3. Green chillies - 2 (finely chopped)
3. Red chilli powder – ¾ tsp or to taste
4. Salt – to taste
5. Curry leaves – 10 (finely chopped)
6. Coriander leaves – few (finely chopped)
7. Oil – for deep frying
Ulli Pakoda or vengaya pakoda Preparation:Take a large mixing bowl and add gram flour, onions, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves, chilli powder and salt.
Without adding any water mix well.
If necessary add very little amount of water to make a thick paste.
Leave it for 10 mins.
Then take a deep pan and heat with oil.
Drop the mixture in the form of un even sized pieces.
Deep fry till they turn into golden brown colour.
In-between stir well.
Remove from heat and drain the oil completely.
Serve warm with green chutney or ketchup.