- 185g butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and combined sugars in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and egg yolk and beat until well combined. Add the flour and baking powder and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the chocolate and stir to combine.
- Roll 2 tablespoonsful of mixture into a ball. Place on the lined tray and gently flatten. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes (or a further 5 minutes for a crisper biscuit). Remove from oven and set aside on the tray to cool completely.