- 125g butter, softened
- 165g (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 160g (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 200g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 150g unsalted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Using an electric beater, beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until thick and creamy. Add egg and vanilla essence and continue to beat until well combined.
- Fold in the plain flour and self-raising flour until just combined, then add the white chocolate and macadamias to form a chunky mixture.
- Place spoonfuls of the cookie mixture on the prepared tray and gently press down to flatten a little. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside for a few minutes to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.