- 20 (1/2 cup) jube lollies
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a pair of scissors, cut each jube into thirds, then cut each piece in half. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Sift flour over butter mixture. Add oats. Stir to combine. Using 1/4 cup mixture per ball, roll mixture into 8 balls. Place 2 balls, 10cm apart, on each prepared tray. Using the palm of your hand, flatten each ball into a 1cm-thick, 8cm (diameter) round. Press 15 jube pieces into each cookie top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, swapping trays halfway through cooking, or until golden. Cool on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining balls and jube pieces to make 8 cookies. Serve.