- 125g butter
- 140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 275g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
- 170g (1 cup) sultanas
- 80g (1 1/2 cups) cornflakes, lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Fold in flour and sultanas until combined.
- Place the cornflakes on a plate. Use your hands to roll tablespoonfuls of the cookie mixture into balls, then roll in cornflakes to coat. Place the balls, about 3cm apart to allow room for spreading, on prepared trays.
- Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven. Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.