Idli Batter - Enough to make idlis for 2 persons
fresh spinach - 1/4 Kg
Onions - 2
Green Chillies - 3
Ginger - 1 inch (Finely Chopped)
Garlic - 3-4 pods (Crushed)
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
Oil - i tablespoon
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Salt - According to taste
Coriander leaves - Finely chopped
Curry leaves - Finely Chopped
1. Pour the idlis in the idli trays and steam them. You can also use mini idli trays. Incase they are not available, use the usual trays and cut the idlis into small pieces of eatable size.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and cumin seeds.
3. Add crushed garlic and ginger. Fry until the raw smell vanishes.
4. Now add the onions and green chillies and fry well.
5. When the onions are cooked, add the spinach and cook well.
6. When the spinach are cooked it comes to a gravy consistency. Add salt, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and stir and cook for 2 minutes on a low flame.
7. Now add the idli pieces and stir well and cook on a very low flame for a minute or two with constant stirring. Take care that the idlis are not broken.
8. Finally add the neatly chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves and stir. Serve hot.